Which is better?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DrTryHard, Jun 18, 2011.

1. DrTryHard macrumors newbie

DrTryHard

Hey guys I was wondering which do you think is better for mobile browsing and mobile work/fun, the :apple:iPad or the :apple:Macbook Air?:confused:

2. Cpt.Oliver macrumors member

Since you have an xbox and a alienware pc for gaming , I say an Ipad2 , no hesitation. You wont regret it.

3. h00ligan macrumors 68030

4. DrTryHard thread starter macrumors newbie

DrTryHard

Im not buying something here I'm just interested in what other people think (I already have mba).

5. h00ligan macrumors 68030

iPad is more fun and better reading. MBA better creation.

6. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

The iPad is definitely better for mobile browsing. However, depending on what kind of mobile work your doing, the Macbook Air might be better. An iPad with an Apple Keyboard or a Zagg keyboard case splits the difference, IMO.

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

This. I have both and both are indispensible to me. I use the iPad for ultra light travel (my MBA is a 13 incher) but when I need to program or work on my game or school work I will bring my Macbook Air with me.

8. Kellye8498 macrumors newbie

I have both and they each have strengths and weaknesses. I can't use my iPad for flash so I have to use my air for anything that has to do with flash applications and then I liKe it when I dont want to deal with a keyboard that I can't feel like when I'm tired. I also like it because it's larger and has different apps in the app store that I often need are they aren't all available on the iPad.

That being said, I can take my iPad anywhere and my air is a bit larger so, even though it's light, it's just not always the easiest choice to travel with. The iPad is better in a hotel setting and it's better when I'm going somewhere with easy access wifi. It fits in my bag or purse and the battery life is MUCH better than my air. It really depends on what youll be using it for most.