Which is faster for pre-ordering?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lienhart, Sep 10, 2014.

1. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

I have Verizon and I'm gonna order a 64GB Gold iPhone 6. I remember last year getting the 32GB Gold on Verizon's website went decently fast and was done in about 10 minutes. Since there's so many more options of phones this year, I just want to make sure they have enough stock and I know Apple will have the most. Do Apple servers get completely hammered vs. the Verizon one?

Thanks in advance :)

2. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

I've always done it with Verizon with no issues. I would stick to your carrier.

3. anthonyfellows macrumors member

I have AT&T and when I preordered the 5 on the AT&T site, I waited until 9AM Eastern Time and didn't have any issue at all.

On the other hand, my brother in law wanted to order his from the Apple site. Got up at 3AM EST. Couldn't get it ordered, because the site was so hammered. Finally got a confirmation that his order went though. Then a few hours later he got an email saying he needed to resubmit his order.

By the time he resubmitted the order, they were sold out and he said it would be a 3 week wait at least.

He finally ended up getting a phone a week after the launch date. He found one in a store. Wasn't the size or color he wanted, but it was the only one he could find.

4. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

Not sure if this is the same with Verizon and AT&T but I know if you order through T-Mobile on their website, the phone will be sim locked to work only with T-Mobile.

If you buy the phone on Apple, it comes unlocked... meaning you could potentially use it for AT&T and other carriers (also raises the resell value if you're into that sort of thing)

5. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

When you preorder through Verizon on their website, do you get the phone on release day if you are among the first to order?

6. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Right....but if you buy it out right (like you would via apple), and you wait one month, tmobile will unlock it. Plain and simple.

I have done this with At&t, and I have done this with tmobile.