Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
In simple steps:

1) My iPad doesn't work;
2) So I rang Apple care, and they gave my two options: (it's within the 14 days)

- Send it to Apple, via a brown box and receive a new one through the post;
Or,
- Get a refund at my local Apple store, and order a new one (my local Apple store doesn't have any iPad's; they never get any in the weekends, and I can't go on weekdays).

Is the send / receive one faster, or the buy a new one outright.

SA22C

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2010
Top Gear Test Track.
In simple steps:

1) My iPad doesn't work;
2) So I rang Apple care, and they gave my two options: (it's within the 14 days)

- Send it to Apple, via a brown box and receive a new one through the post;
Or,
- Get a refund at my local Apple store, and order a new one (my local Apple store doesn't have any iPad's; they never get any in the weekends, and I can't go on weekdays).

Is the send / receive one faster, or the buy a new one outright.

I think the send / receive option will be slightly faster and far less hassle. If you are willing to put your credit card down for a deposit, Apple should send you a replacement before you have to ship back the defective unit. That's what they did for my iPhone 4 when it had dirt under the screen.

Xeperu

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2010
With Dell and Lenovo (IBM) they bring a new one and the courier takes the old one (which you sign for), replace and forget. The courier sometimes swaps out the HDD if needed.

Did it many times

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.