Which is more comfortable AT&T or APPLE store walk in?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SydneyJunkie, Aug 1, 2010.

1. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

Im also trying to avoid the 500 dollar deposit fee, I have no credit history at all, any tips?

2. ngrimes-2010 macrumors regular

Comfortable? LOL! You want a laz-e-boy?

I don't know if you've heard but the iPhone 4 has sold really well. You might not be able to just "walk in" to either.

No way around the credit thing. They'll get you at either place (guy last night was flipping when I was buying my ip4 because they wanted a $750 deposit)

Might want to wait until your credit is good bub.

3. ngrimes-2010 macrumors regular

4. FrauHasSpoken macrumors member

It's the same process anyway.

Except at the Apple store they'll harass you to buy MobileMe or Apple Care or something. It can be very annoying. Especially with all their fake happiness.

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

There is no getting around the credit check at either store.

6. SydneyJunkie thread starter macrumors regular

what the **** man

is this real life?

do they do cosign at least

7. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

It's as real as it's going to get for someone with bad/No credit. You can have someone buy the phone under their name if they have good credit.

It's the same with Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile and any other cell phone carrier. Good and established credit is a must on post paid.

You can always get a prepaid account and use that on an iPhone. You would have o buy the iPhone from a private seller to do that since AT&T/Apple will not sell an iPhone for use on prepaid.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its very real as in if no credit no wireless service like every other provider.
    You can bring someone with you to open up the account and add your name to it or pay up the deposit and get it back months later if your account is still in good standing.
    Neither an Apple store or AT&T will make a difference when it comes to the credit check.

9. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Oh, it's definitely real life. Because you have no credit history, these people have no idea whether or not you're the type of person who pays his bills & debts on time, so they'd rather be cautious and require a deposit. If you think this is bad, go try to buy a new car with no credit history and try to get a low interest rate.

10. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Welcome to the life of a ghost in the credit system.

Some one with no credit history (aka ghost) starts with a credit score of 600. Now it can and tend to go up fairly quickly.

11. wwjbd24 macrumors member

i always find apple more friendly, but for calling plan related issues, I would go to ATT

12. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

Comfortable? Ahahaha...Call ahead and see if they can break out a futon for you when you come in and maybe your favorite tasty beverage on ice? Hell might as well go the whole nine and see if they can hook you up with some hors d'oeuvres too!

13. circularforward macrumors 6502

I wouldn't say either of the two are necessarily "comfortable" places to get the iphone right now. I bought from Apple this past Friday, and it was packed! I had to wait about 10-15 minutes, which is similar to what I typically wait whenever I go into the local ATT store. Just call ahead and go to the nearest one to you that has stock.

14. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

If by comfort you mean pleasant, Apple is the way to go IMO.

As far as your question about a deposit goes, there is no way around it.
    It actually serves well as a nice, no percentage investment.

My $500 deposit was drafted this morning according the to call rep and will be here in 7-10 business days. I had long forgot and lived without it.

Just don't get your service suspended and you'll get it back in 12 billing cycles.

Blonde Buddhist

15. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

iPhone 4's are readily available. It's just your typical Apple myth that they are in short supply. Now tainted due to the antenna issue, fueled by Apple themselves, one can go either place and easily obtain one. More importantly, if you can wait you'll be far better off to pass on iPhone 4 and buy the next new model.

16. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Very true.

It's as sterile as Disneyland, all Apple needs is a mascot of Jobs... Ha....Ha......Ha.... :)

17. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Yes. This is the real world. Welcome.

Get a credit card man

18. billycuth macrumors 6502a

sorry buddy, but as one who has been trying to get one in a store for a couple of weeks now, I am going to call you full of crap. Readily available my butt.

19. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Called around on Friday. Found stock at a couple of Best Buy stores. One of my local Apple stores also had stock. Best Buy was a shorter drive, so I bought one there.

20. Stein357 macrumors 6502

In my experience Apple has better customer service and there's no way around the $500 deposit, although AT&T should pay you interest on it.

21. kepner macrumors 6502

I, too, got mine at Best Buy. They let me sit down on a stool while I waited for them to set up the new AT&T account. It was moderately comfortable.

22. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

i guess I look at it as you are buying a phone, not signing up for assisted care living.
    ATT and bestbuy did the same exact thing. license, credit card and ssn, it will be about 10 minutes.
    such transactions I like to be impersonal, but that is just me.

23. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I’d buy at AT&T and if you have issues with the phone later go to an Apple Store. The credit thing is what it is.

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yeah ok
    Easilly obtain them my a$$...

25. mhdena macrumors 6502

Take your Mom & Dad if their credit is better than yours:eek: