Which Is The Best Printer For Mac ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by partyBoy, Nov 24, 2009.

1. partyBoy macrumors 68000

partyBoy

Hello mac addicts..i wanted to know your advice on which printer is the best,black friday is 2 days away and i want to take advantage of the good deals,
    i was thinking of buying the samsung CLP-315W,its a color laser printer with wi-fi,compact footprint as well,any sugesstions? thanxs for your help ;)

Attached Files:

2. totanger221 macrumors newbie

i was thinking of buying the samsung CLP-315W,its a color laser printer with wi-fi,compact footprint as well

3. partyBoy thread starter macrumors 68000

partyBoy

WTF !! :confused:

4. Takashi macrumors regular

Any printer that has all the bells and whistles you ever need and it should be something that you are comfortable paying.

I personally like HP.

5. partyBoy thread starter macrumors 68000

partyBoy

i was looking into hp but i dont think they have a wifi laser color printer ?

6. Buzz Bumble Guest

I'm not sure if HP have a wifi capable laser printer. They can be if you plug the printer into a wireless router though. :)

7. nanofrog macrumors G4

You could also take a look at the Brother HL-3070CW. They work well under Macs, and are less expensive for consumables than than HP or Samsung (brand, not remanufactured toners).

newegg's partnered with Bing cash back discounts, so that could help out as well. :)

8. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

I don't have any experience with the CLP-315W but I've been using a Samsung CLX-3175FN for almost a year now and have been very happy with it. Keep in mind that colour lasers do not print photos well, though...

9. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

And I'm personally a fan of Canon products. Just got a great deal with the Canon MX860 through one of Amazon's Gold Box Deals ($109.99).

It's a wifi all-in-one print/copy/fax/scan ink-jet :)

But yea, really, as for your question, not sure how to answer that. Probably as subjective as you can get.

10. nanofrog macrumors G4

Good point, as I presumed the OP knew this, and didn't mention it. :eek:

Given the model listed, I took it as the OP was just interested in Color Lasers with WiFi capability.

I switched from HP to Brother, as HP pissed me off to no end over consumables costs and bloated, buggy software.

11. Blow up tre1 macrumors member

Laser vs normal

Do you really need laser?
    If not consider getting a non-laser one, the normal ones are getting faster these days.
    P.s. laser cartridges normally cost more.

12. nanofrog macrumors G4

The sticker price, yes. But not when you figure out the cost per page though, as toners are rated in 1000's of pages. B&W can be done for a penny per page, color for 10 cents (assuming all 4 toners are used equally).

13. ChefJayPeek macrumors regular

I have an old Samsung black and white laser that got me through Culinary School. It still works fine, just not with Snow Leopard. Samsung seems to be hit or miss with Mac drivers. The Ml-1710 drivers were REMOVED from the Samsung US webpage, for no real reason I could ever tell. Not the SL drivers, but all the Mac drivers. I do not know why. Made no sense to me. Kind of turned me off to Samsung. Other than that, I have no issues with the printer, it is still in use today by the Window's machines in my household.

Chef Jay

14. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

It appears the CLP-315W uses the same toner as CLX-3175FN so I am going to assume they share similar (if not the same) print engines. The drivers for my CLX-3175FN has worked since Mac OS X 10.5.x and continues to work with 10.6.2. I never experienced any problems, even during the transition from Leopard to Snow Leopard.

15. partyBoy thread starter macrumors 68000

partyBoy

thanks for the info,im from nyc as well,im most likely moving back there in oct 2010

16. partyBoy thread starter macrumors 68000

partyBoy

hey guys.i just want it for color printing really not for photo printing,for school projects(essays,homework) and regular color printing(bill reciepts,email,fandango) and i really dont print too much :apple:

17. partyBoy thread starter macrumors 68000

partyBoy

im one of those guys that likes modern up to date,the latest electronics,inkjet is an old type of printing format,thanks for your suggestion thou:)

18. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It is unclear exactly which point you are trying to make. However, you might do well to research the history of printing technology. As an idea, the inkjet goes back centuries. As a mature technology, the older technology is the laser printer. For personal computers, HP lead the march of both laser printers and inkjet printers. It introduced the LaserJet (based on the Canon engine also used by Apple in the LaserWriter) and the ThinkJet in 1984. Its seminal DeskJet was launched in 1988, some four years after the LaserJet.

19. partyBoy thread starter macrumors 68000

partyBoy

ive always known that laser is better than inkjet,if you go to a website like bestbuy,it will show you what benefits has each type of printing technology has to offer but your saying that inkjet is more modern than laser,ive never heard that?:confused:

20. nanofrog macrumors G4

Color laser is fine for this.

It's still cheaper to print with as well in both cost per page, as the toners can't dry out like ink can. Depending on the brand you buy, it may or may not have a chip in the toner (or ink cartridge) that will expire (HP does, used up or not).

It can also save "midnight runs" to the store to get an ink cartridge the night/morning prior to turning in a paper as well, as they don't run out nearly as fast. ;) Call it "Procrastinator Friendly". :p

21. partyBoy thread starter macrumors 68000

partyBoy

thanks for info and happy thaxsgiving !

22. nanofrog macrumors G4

:cool: NP. :)