Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macaroooon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
Whilst I reinstall Mountain Lion on my new MBP I've decided to go ahead and buy a Case, Screen Protector & Palm Protector for it, as I want to keep it in the best condition I can, and I wear rings which I fear could scratch it.

Which is the best (and cheapest if possible, whilst still having good functionality/ quality)

a) Screen Protector (Not the ones that stop you from seeing at certain angles)
b) Palm rest/ trackpad protector - (any good? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kuzy-PALMRE...KSTI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1348141423&sr=8-4 )

Than you all, I've decided on a Black Speck SeeThru Satin Case :)

Regarding the Speck Case, where would you best recommend buying from - would amazon be alright, I've found one for £29 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speck-MacBo...VNEI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348141447&sr=8-1

Last edited:

MaxPower72

macrumors 6502
I'm not a big fan of hard cases because over time since the fit cannot be perfect 100% the light rubbing against the body of the MBP will leave black marks on it.
I have 2 sets of Lazy Couch Aluminum Stands by Just Mobile, great Danish design and functionality. I rest my MBP on them while I work so there is a good air flow underneath the computer to dissipate the heat.

When I'm not using it I put it inside a suede sleeve. If I have to take it with me I leave it in the sleeve and pack it in a Pelican 1095 laptop case.
If I have to travel and carry the MBP on a plane I have my Pelican iM2370 De Luxe Storm Case used also by the US Military.

there is plenty to choose from on the internet these above are what works for me.

mavonnahme

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2011
Moshi

I cannot comment on the case/screen protector (although I do use an Incase sleeve that I love) but I did get the Moshi palm protector which is awesome. The color is exactly the same and fits perfectly on the MBP. The trackpad cover on mine didn't fit quite as nicely (about 1mm space around each edge) but it's really a non-issue. I would highly recommend the palm protector. Just take your time putting it on to make sure it's flush with your computer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.