Which is the better monitor?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by CBell, Sep 28, 2008.

1. CBell macrumors regular

2. nanofrog macrumors G4

Budget, as well as specifics of use may help members give useful information. ;) :)

I've never seen a BenQ, so I can't really say. :(

The Dell seems to be good for the money, if you can get it a a good price. Other forum members who got one seemed to like it. :) From use, my experience is primarily with NEC and Eizo Nanao for high end monitors.

3. CBell thread starter macrumors regular

Well, budget wise, as long as it's around $600 max is good. And I'd like it to be 24". I was mainly just interested in picture and color clarity. I'd use it as a monitor for my Mac, and also as a screen for my 360.

I know there's a difference in the types of screens they use for monitors, and was hoping to get some info on that.

I was leaning toward the Dell because of it's multiple inputs, and the usb ports, and card readers, but if the BenQ offers the better picture I'd probably end up going with it instead.

4. nanofrog macrumors G4

At your budget, S-PVA is about the limit on panel type at a 24". So from what you've given as limits, the Dell 2408WFP would be a decent choice I should think. ;) :D

Look around carefully, as I've seen them for $500USD or so. Try amazon.com. :)

5. 3fingerbrown macrumors newbie

6. tonie macrumors 6502

I believe the dell is the better monitor. Their ultrasharp monitors are very nice.

7. nanofrog macrumors G4

IIRC, the Dell 2408WFP got better reviews over the Gateway.

8. CBell thread starter macrumors regular

How about this HP? It uses an S-IPS screen and is about $650 on HP's site. What do you guys think about that? Good monitor?

9. nanofrog macrumors G4

I've not seen it, but I did find a review. :)
    Seems decent, but apparently needs a lot of adjustment, preferably with a colorimeter to get it set properly. ;)

10. tonie macrumors 6502

that's a fine monitor. go for it if you one one of the best 24"'s

11. CBell thread starter macrumors regular

Where would I find a colorimeter?

12. nanofrog macrumors G4

Look here for the ColorVision Spyder products.
    You could also look here for the EyeOne (i1) products.

There are a few threads, and a number of other forum members who work in graphic design who could offer lots of help in this regard. :D

Good luck. :)