Which is your favorite MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dougelo7, Oct 20, 2008.

?

Which is your favorite Apple laptop?

1. MacBook (new aluminum unibody version)

66.7%
  2. MacBook Air

22.2%
  3. MacBook Pro (new unibody version)

11.1%
  1. dougelo7 macrumors member

dougelo7

Basically, if you had a voucher to get any Apple laptop and you had to keep and use it (no reselling and it's your only computer), which would you get?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I really like the new MacBook Pro. It would have to be completely maxed out with everything. I would go for the SSD though since it would be cool to have.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

definitely the new MacBook as i was looking to buy a white one now i get a mini Macbook Pro! i never liked the Air and ive already got an older MacBook Pro

4. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Not a very fair poll since you are asking it in a dedicated reg. Macbook forum. Here is a wild guess. The reg Macbook will win.

5. dougelo7 thread starter macrumors member

dougelo7

I tried to ask in the general Notebooks section, but MacRumors wouldn't let me.

6. dougelo7 thread starter macrumors member

dougelo7

BTW, here are my opinions:

MacBook: (Pros) Great value, gorgeous front, easily fits as one's main computer, strong and portable. (Con) A bit on the blocky side - more curve would be welcome.

MacBook Air: (Pros) Work of art, very curvy, fits as most people's main computer (come on, when do YOU ever use more than 4GB of RAM or 128GB of your hard drive [really, do you need to carry around all your stuff when you have Back To My Mac?), easy to carry around (I might sneak it in my binder and use it in class - I'm still in high school where our teachers are *******s), and lighter (I can hold it in one hand while typing with the other). (Cons) Very expensive, poor processor speed (I only word process & Internet surf).

MacBook Pro: (Pros) Power. Raw power. Also great looks and durability. (Cons) Heavy and blocky. This is more of a desktop-morphed-into-a-laptop than it is a portable computer.

Anyway, my first choice was the MacBook and (for now) it's the Air. At this point I'm looking at what would be the best choice to use at a high school when I can use Back To My Mac over my iPhone 3G's connection to get my files, BUT, I sometimes need an optical drive - the people at my school still use CDs for sharing files (they're old-fashioned and haven't quite figured out online storage yet) and I can't use Drive Sharing or Bluetooth file transfers because our "new" Dell machines don't have any wireless technology to speak of (heck, if they did, the paranoid IT guy would probably disable its use - these people waited until 2008 to finally upgrade from IE6 to IE7 and they still use XP instead of OS X or even Vista).