Which Jailbreak software is the best.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by cheskiz, Apr 9, 2008.

1. cheskiz macrumors member

Zibri, Iliberty , ijailbreak and jailbreakme.

Please make a pick.

Thanks

2. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

ZiPhone steals code from eveyone, but that makes his product amazing.

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

ok jailbreakme.com is for 1.1.1 only.

I have used iLiberty+ and had problems after using that jailbreak with freezing up with the keyboard.

ziPhone works fine, I had to apply a patch after jailbreak to get full access to ramdisk via PC but other than that I haven't had any problems with it. Just a case of update to 1.1.4 via iTunes then run ziphone and your good to go

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I tried ziphone 3.0 and couldn't get past the bsd error everyone was talking about. iLiberty worked the first time, and hasn't given me any problems so far with either my 16 or my 32.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

what is this bsd error? I know when I first tried 3.0 I had permission problems but dont remember having any bsd error

6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

It would hang up at a certain point in the install process. There's a lost of threads about it in the forum. Wouldn't work on either of my touches with 1.1.4...

7. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Out of those, iLiberty by far and away is the best. I try to avoid anything by the Big Z.

But, IMO, Pwnage pwns them all :)

8. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Looks like I'm the only one out of the poster here that have had no problems with ZiPhone. I know most of the code is stolen but really, one click pushed it into my favour as well as it automatically installing the BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH was a nice touch. ;)

9. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

I would side with pwnage, though i havent tried it.

Worked like a charm for me, first time, no probs...

10. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

On mine, I used ZiPhone, and it woulnd't play music or videos. I used iJailbreak and it works fine now. It all depends on your Touch, I guess. Try around, and if one doesn't work, restore and try another. :)

11. boramora macrumors member

boramora

I've tried iJailbreak, ZiPhone, INdependence, and PWNage... but so far I think PWNage is the best one to use. :rolleyes:

12. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

I was tempted by Pwnage but there wasn't really anything that made it more attractive than ZiPhone, if you could add apps into the firmware then I would be game but as of now, I don't think that's possible.

13. boramora macrumors member

boramora

Yes I have to agree ZiPhone is more user-friendly for those that don't know much about jailbreaking/hacking. I only went with PWNage because so far most people that used it have been very successful and haven't had any problems unless they didn't know what they were doing. A lot of people have been having problems when using ZiPhone/iJailbreak/etc. such as music not playing or Installer not working properly. It all depends on the user :rolleyes: