iPhone which Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BullittMustang, Jan 13, 2015.

1. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

I have been away from iPhone for several months. I am considering purchasing a 6 plus. What would be the best program to jailbreak with on a mac computer? Also I read a while back that one of the programs had some sort of ads or something it would load onto your phone during the JB.
    Thanks for any help!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You need to research and learn what you're doing, why and how to do it before you consider doing anything to your phone.

3. BullittMustang thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I've had iPhones since the 1st one and JB'd many times. I haven't since my S5. Just wanted to know about the latest program to use.

4. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

It all depends on your OS version. Pangu for iOS <=8.1 and Taig for 8.1.1 and 8.1.2

5. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

6. stunter2b macrumors member

stunter2b

Ios 8.1.2

Don't want to thread jack but also didn't want to create a new post on something thats been asked I'm sure a million times...

So I just got home with my new iphone 6plus ios 8.1.2 I went to pangu site http://en.pangu.io/ and I see they have 8.1 I'm assuming that is the one I need even though it didn't show the .2 at the end...

7. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

No. The Pangu 8.1 JB is exactly that; it doesn't work on 8.1.2. You'll need TaiG for that firmware, and either a Windows machine or Windows run in a virtual environment on a Mac.

8. stunter2b macrumors member

stunter2b

thanks

Great thanks....and done....that was easy..other then it was all in Chinese I googled english steps..

9. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Glad to hear it! But you must have missed the English site... http://www.taig.com/en/

10. stunter2b macrumors member

stunter2b

My stupid virus scanner wouldn't allow me to access it, kept saying it was a virus...and couldn't figure out how to disable it for a few min...

anyway all good I'm JB but can't find any of my apps I want..lol