Which Kensington trackball?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thewap, Oct 20, 2014.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Having been on macs since it all started (a long long time ago), lately I have been feeling the need to go back to the one rolling ball mouse that outperformed all mice in it's time - the old kensington trackball.

However, since there is not much information out there concerning connectivity issues with the latest OSX's (Yosemite), I would gladly hear of present trackball users as to which model is best performance and build wise.

This would be the slim blade vs the expert, all opinions welcome, thank you!

2. thedeske macrumors 6502a

There Is Only One (IMO) the K64325 Expert

No issues with Yosemite and TrackBallWorks 1.1.2

3. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Great to know the software still works - thank you!

The expert seems to have mixed reviews on the scrolling ring bugging out soon, but I do like the programmable capability of the buttons (and the close to old form factor). The slim blade seems to have better reviews as far as the scroll innovation and also the build and unit angle?

4. thedeske macrumors 6502a

The scroll ring works fine and I use it daily. My current one is 2-2.5 years old.

Been on these since the ADB 5.0. Buttons have changed slightly (for the better) and the ball is still the same size. The Slim Blade is a joke - stay away.

5. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Thanks so much for your advice!

6. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

I was wondering if I was among the last few to use a trackball! I used one years ago, before I had to spend some time in mouse land. I have the same Expert mouse mentioned above, and I love it with my MBP and Thunderbolt display. I had to add a gel wrist support, the provided pad wasn't cutting it, but that could be because I'm getting older faster than I think I am.

7. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

As long as we are not using a trackball under our butts for mobility, I think we are still in the clear.....I think.