All iPads Which keyboard case will you get?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Epiphron, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Epiphron macrumors regular

Right now I'm looking at the zaggkeys cover for the air. Was a huge fan of Logitech ultrathin but they really failed at the new update for air. They actually introduced more squished up keys than before how?? also still no backlight. such a shame oh well :rolleyes:

2. leenak macrumors 68020

The last thing I'd want is a backlight so if you want a backlight, I'd say go for Zaggkeys. I'm not trying to turn my iPad into a laptop.

Another option is the Belkin Qode.

I have decided to buy the Logitech FabricSkin though.

3. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

Received my iPad Air as a b-day gift from my wife this morning. I picked up the Zaggkeys Folio on my own as its really the only decent keyboard case best buy had.

Not really liking it so far. The hinge design is ambitious, but it is very clunky. Not smooth to open at all and requires some force. Likewise, the case feels incredibly cheap. I guess Im used to the aluminum-like styling of the Logitech Ultrathin from my 3rd gen iPad.

4. cwosigns macrumors 65816

With my iPad 4 I was using a Logitech keyboard which was nice, but I also have an Apple Wireless Keyboard and an Origami iPad stand, so I will probably just revert to using that.

Placed an order for a 32 GB Space Gray this morning. Will go pick it up from the Apple Store across the street during lunch (assuming it's available for pickup then).

5. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

To provide a bit more feedback on this case. I will definitely be returning it. The design is downright terrible. When you place the iPad in the case, there is nothing to snap it in, so the top corners are constantly sticking out. It looks like the only place it is somewhat snug is on the side. I thought maybe the case was defective so I took it back to best buy and tried another - no dice.

The case is also really heavy. Thats to be expected since with the hinge it needs a way to offset the weight so the iPad doesn't tip over. The case, with the iPad air, makes it weigh more than my 3rd gen iPad with the logitech ultra thin. Really defeats the purpose of the lighter iPad Air. I think ill be checking out the next generation ultra thin or the Belkin Qode case. Just wish they were available at launch. :mad:

6. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I am typing this on my Clamcase Pro. Typing is great. The case is one of the heavier options. I do like the fact that angle of the iPad is infinitely adjustable rather than incremental. It is also very protective. I dropped it on concrete. Although scuffed pretty bad, it still worked find and no damage to the iPad.

I might buy a Belkin Ultimate now that they finally have the silver/white in stock.

7. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

The Belkin Qode is really peaking my interest. Unfortunately, some articles I have read say no known release date and others say "sometimes in November."

8. enojado macrumors newbie

Preordered the Belkin Qode off of Amazon. It lists Nov. 18 as the release date.

9. ffnc1020 macrumors member

Clamcaase Pro, I cannot stand any keyboard case that won't let me adjust the viewing angle.

10. RBilRamZ macrumors member

Qode

Please come review it after it has been received. I read that it does not automatically wake & freeze the iPad screen, which would be extremely disappointing if true.

11. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I'm leaning toward the Kensington Executive Pro. I really like the keyboard with ios specific keys and the zippered case. ILounge gave it a B-

12. enojado macrumors newbie

Amazon pushed the release date to December 10, although it appears you can buy it directly from Belkin's website. FWIW, the Amazon description says it has "[a]utowake magnets turn iPad Air on when you open the cover."

13. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

I got the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for my Air. I like it, but it's not as good as the last version. I don't mind the keys...and the magnet that holds the cover on the air on the side is very much improved. However, the sleep/wake function doesn't work on the one I got from Amazon today.

I like the fact that I can take it with me and use it as the cover, or take it off and just leave it in my bag. I only use a keyboard in specific circumstances.

14. AppleRobert macrumors 603

The last version Logitech keyboard is compatible if you like it better. I was able to dock the Air in it by adding a Belkin Rear Shell I got from BB. I was not about to buy another keyboard and since what I bolded is what usually happens with me for my use, I'm golden. I just use the Smart Cover for the front of the Air.

15. Epiphron thread starter macrumors regular

That's actually a really good idea. Unfortunately I sold my logitech keyboard with my 4, expecting this new logitech model to be better :/

16. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

I just received the Trent Airbender 2.0 for the Air.

I haven't tested it extensively, but i like the keyboard layout. Tactile feedback is ok. The stand actually separates from the keyboard, which is nice. Overally, a little plasticky (except the silver stand). The stand isn't that strong so far, though. It stands up well, but when you want to angle it at the circular hinge, the iPad is so heavy the iPad itself tends to tilt all the way back down (although the whole stand remains upright). Yeah my explanation kind of sucks. I'll go more in-depth after some use.

17. HiRisk macrumors 6502

18. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Is there a general consensus of the best $100 ipad air keyboard?

19. prayerxzgm macrumors newbie

Belkin and zagg could a best option if the price is not a issue,yet you could also choose some third party keyboard case such as from ebay or amazon,in fact my new keyboard case is also satified me: http://bit.ly/17XnJTb

20. eg2007 macrumors 6502

I've had the Belkin Qode Ultimate, Logitech Ultrathin and Fabricskin, but at the end of the day, took them all back and went with the Incase Origami and Apple Bluetooth Keyboard with the Pad & Quill Walden.

Loved the Qode, but they rushed it out before they could put in the sleep/wake option. Simple option, but I love it.

The weight all these keyboard cases add is something to consider. I have to admit, all of they made my iPad twice the weight.

21. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

Bummer! That would've been great if I'd have read that before I sold th old version! ;) Oh well...with gift cards and the sale of the old one, I only paid $20 for it.