Which Keyboard do you use?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by -BigMac-, Apr 15, 2016.

1. -BigMac- Suspended

-BigMac-

Hey Guys.

I do a fair bit of back and forth-ing to Bootcamp, and have found using my professional mechanical gaming keyboard to actually work quite well with the Mac side too.

I'm using the Corsair k70.

[​IMG]

Extremely high quality mechanical keyboard, and allows me to light up the keys at night (which the magic keyboard doesn't).

Which 3rd party keyboard do you use and why? :)

2. RIZZO124 macrumors member

Using a filco mechanical keyboard with cherry brown switches with my Mac mini. I absolutely love this keyboard. I am a patent attorney and I basically write for a living and I would never go back to a crappy dell, hp or Logitech keyboard.

3. dyt1983 macrumors 65816

Apple M7803 Pro keyboard FTW. Clackity clack clack and F13-F-14-F15!

4. Nospig macrumors member

I use a similar keyboard. I type all day and burnt through Apple keyboards pretty quickly.

5. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

I use a Matias Tactile Pro mechanical keyboard. It uses Alps key switches like the old Apple Extended Keyboard II did.

TK_HR_1333x1000.png

6. thisismyusername macrumors member

For work, I use a Kinesis Advantage. This is by far my favorite keyboard and have been using them for years. I switched to them for work because I type all day long and was starting to develop wrist pains.

For home/gaming, I usually use a Ducky mechanical keyboard. I used to use a Kinesis for gaming but I got sick of having to remap the keys for virtually every game I played plus my wife is not a fan of using that keyboard when she uses that PC (you'll understand when you see the keyboard).

7. MTI macrumors 65816

I prefer wired keyboards rather than BT or 2.4Ghz wireless ones. the Apple full sized aluminum keyboard (w/num pad) works well with the trackpad.

8. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

9. Idarzoid, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016

Idarzoid macrumors 6502

KBT Pure Pro (cherry MX blue switch, white LED, UK layout), anything bigger than a 60% layout feels too big for me and takes up a bit too much space.

I'm looking at Filco Minila Air, a 60% mechanical keyboard with bluetooth, but the cost puts me off a bit.

10. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

When my MBP is in desktop mode, I use a regular old Apple Aluminum wired keyboard.
    [​IMG]

11. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

I've been using the Magic Keyboard / Magic Trackpad since I got my 5K iMac to replace my aging rMBP. It's great for my use.

I also have a Logitech K811 that I use for my Mac Mini and my iPad Mini.

12. kryten42 macrumors 6502

kryten42

I tried using the Apple Wired Keyboard, but could not get on with it as I am so used to the wireless keyboard. So I just an Apple wireless keyboard with Magic Trackpad. May upgrade to Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad 2 at some point, but cannot justify the cost right now.