Which Keyboard to buy with desktop?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by vonMarion, May 27, 2010.

1. vonMarion macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

First post. As soon as the new line of Mac Pro's come out I plan on buying one (or possibly giving in and getting the 27" iMac) and I was wondering which keyboard is most practical.

I work in the graphic design industry, though I do plan on using the computer for some sort of gaming - I mostly play on consoles. I was originally planning on simply buying the full, wired keyboard with the numeric keypad, but now I'm debating whether or not I should get the wireless, shorter version.

Does the length of the keyboard w/ keypad get in the way of comfort because it is longer? I like that the directional keys are full-sized as opposed to the squatty ones on the shortened keyboard.

How long does the wireless keyboard last? I honestly don't know whether it needs to be charged or simply takes batteries.

Any other thoughts?

I'm probably going to end up getting the full, wired keyboard but I'm still curious.

2. djdavidgallant macrumors member

djdavidgallant

I prefer the Microsoft Ergo Keyboard over the Mac keyboard with num pad. My fingers get tired of typing after 9 hours a day of use. Some of the key mappings are a bit funky though

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I have the short wireless keyboard but I find myself using excel alot more these days. Went to Ross on a whim and found a sharper image USB keypad for 7 bucks. Best 7 bucks I've spent in a while :D