Which keyboard will turn on a macbook pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macbookuser19, Nov 7, 2008.

1. macbookuser19 macrumors newbie

I have a small desk at home, and need to conserve space, so I have just bought a vertical stand for my macbook pro. Only problem is how do I turn it on now?? Is there a keyboard available which has a power button on it, so that I could turn my macbook pro on and off?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

I love my Apple Wireless keyboard, its the best keyboard i've ever had.

3. macbookuser19 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does it have a power button on it? Does it turn on the Macbook when you have switched it off?

4. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

It has a power button to turn the keyboard on and off but not the actual system.

5. macbookuser19 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I was thinking. I have checked a number of sites, and this does not ook possible. Although I could put it to hibernate or sleep. I think with these I would be able to turn it on again with the external keyboard. I like the wireless version, but would need the keypad at the end, and that is only available on the wired version. I guess I need to figure out what I'd be using it for mostly. Thanks!

6. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

the device has to powered on for the usb ports or bluetooth to be active. Older mac used to be able to do this.

7. macbookuser19 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was kind of hoping that wasn't the case. But after doing all this research and testing. It's true. Only on older macs. Thanks anyways!

8. bengal85 macrumors regular

bengal85

I dont think they have anything like what you are looking for I have a keyboard from an IMAC g3 that has a power button and it turned on the system but O dont think it will work for any other computer