Which L-Bracket are you using ??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by igmolinav, Dec 4, 2010.

1. igmolinav macrumors 65816

Hi,

Are you using an L-Bracket ?? Could you please tell me which brand
    you are using and perhaps the rest of your set up: head(?), tripod, ...

Thank you : ) !!!

Kind regards,

igmolinav

2. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

I couldn't live without mine. I personally prefer Really Right Stuff, though I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Kirk bracket either. I got mine off ebay and saved about $80 over a new one. They seem indestructible so I wouldn't hesitate to buy used if you can find the model for your camera.

I use mine in conjunction with an aluminum bogen tripod that I've had for ages and an older kirk ball head. I've been looking to upgrade to something a bit lighter though, and have been eyeing the Gitzo GT3531S tripod with the RRS BH-55 ball head. Acratech makes some pretty cool and innovative heads as well. There's also always the arca cube to lust over but I doubt I'd ever be able to justify that...

3. trjwv macrumors regular

I recently purchased a RRS L-Bracket for my D3S and I love it. I am looking at a RRS tripod head also.

4. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

I have had a RRS L-plate on several bodies over the past 7-8 years. These have used mainly with a screw clamp from Arca-Swiss mounted on a B1 ballhead and Gitzo legs. I also have Kirk tripod collars for a couple of lenses along with a RRS lens foot for another lens. I've had the tripod for 8 years or so. Everything has been rock solid.

5. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

6. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

Kirk L-bracket with a Markins head on a Gitzo tripod. Very happy with the combination.

7. igmolinav thread starter macrumors 65816

Hi,

Thank you for your answers : ) !!! I'll look
    into these options !!!

Kind regards,

igmolinav