Which Laptop????

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by acearchie, Nov 24, 2007.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I need a suggested machine to run final cut express with HD footage well!

Thanks

ATM the budget is anything! But the minimum suggestion would be very nice!

Thanks!

2. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

well I would say that the MacBook is out of the question, but the middle range (maybe the bottom range) MacBook Pro would do you fine.

Although if you have the money, the 17" MacBook Pro with the HD screen upgrade would look great if you are using HD footage

Of course if you do not need something portable at all, take a look at the Mac Pro, as it would run FCE beautifully

3. anotherarunan macrumors 6502

bottom range macbook pro would be fine...obviously you pay for what you get so a maxed out macpro at over £4000 ($8000) would also be great :D...but the MBP might be slightly better considering its slightly cheaper :D

but seriously...any MBP..depends on your screen requirements...oh and wait til january if you can...as there have been rumored upgrades to both the MBP and the MacPro

4. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

This is what Im planning on doing as I have asked my parents for an IOU one laptop card for christmas!

Thanks for all your suggestions but Im pretty keen on getting a portable as I will move it between collage and home alot and on planes etc...

And the although I said no price range the Mac Pro is outside of my price range!

THanks