Which M2ts software for conversion to imovie?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by misty34, Dec 7, 2009.

1. misty34 macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    Please can someone help me :confused:. I have loads of m2ts files taken from a sony camcorder backed up on dvd, given to me to put on imovie :D.

I have a G5 powermac running OSX 10.5 a nice little work horse but not intel and with no core dual. I need a software package that most of you are using that can handle these hd files. I need it to convert to .mov or avi without to much loss of quality :). I don't mind paying for it providing it does what it says on the tin. I have been looking for m2ts converters for mac and there are so many on the market I cannot see the wood for the tree's, so to speak. No one seems to have done a reviews on the huge amount there are out there. I just asked 'Which m2ts converter' and the flood gates opened to all companies telling me they were the best. What are you guys using for this problem everyone seems to have?.

Here are just a few I am looking at.

Pavtube - nice little package but looks dark when pulled into imovie
    iskysoft video converter for mac- tried this but no sound when pulled into imovie so I cannot see the quality of the video.

moyea mts converter- again no sound on trial version when pulled into imovie.
    VoltaicHD - made my mac crash and I had to reset my internet connection and re-install firefox. Strange huh:confused:.

The following I have not tried just to the huge amount :(:-

4videosoft m2ts converter -
    ********* m2ts converter for mac
    emicsoft m2ts converter for mac
    nickesoft video converter for mac

Thanks in advance guys.
    Misty x
    ;)

2. anthemus macrumors regular

anthemus

Have you tried MPEG StreamClip? Its free and could possibly due what your looking for.