Which Mac app includes ability to add speech bubbles

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Yukon Jack, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Yukon Jack macrumors member

Hi,

The title says it all. I have a need to add some speech and thought bubbles to some photos for a presentation. I tried Macupdate and got nowhere. I posed that question in Duck Duck Go and nearly every hit was for a Windows app or other. A couple were for iOS apps. A few others mentioned Mac apps that were created for the PPC.

I know that there's a high probability that some image editing app for the mac includes such a feature but I have no idea which one.

Any tips or links would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

-YJ

2. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

Preview, which comes with OS X Yosemite. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

3. 2457244 macrumors regular

Pixelmator has some prefab shapes and you can easily add shapes + custom clip-arts.

[​IMG]

I think Pixelmator does the trick well enough, plus you have a decent image editor at the same time.

BUT...
    right now Pixelmator is listed as a 30,- app which I think is way expensive if you can buy an app like Affinity Photo for 50,- which is almost Photoshop like quality.

All things aside, I think you can download a Mac Os X Trail at the Pixelmator website and use that until Pixelmator goes on sale again. If you can buy Pixelmator for about 15,- or less you'll buy a very solid app at fair price!

http://www.pixelmator.com/mac/

4. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

Hi,

Are you using Keynote for your presentation? If so, you can add them in there over the top of your photos. Speech bubbles come as standard. I guess a thought bubble is easy enough to make out of circles.

Attached Files:

5. Yukon Jack thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Unfortunately I'm using 10.11 GM as an Appleseed tester and while the speech bubble is still available, the thought bubble seems to have disappeared. I appreciate your tip.

6. Yukon Jack thread starter macrumors member

@ Shmoo: Thanks for the tip. I do have Pixelmator and didn't think to check it. Those two shapes you highlighted look good but I'll have to design a custom one for thought balloons.

7. Yukon Jack thread starter macrumors member

@ superscape: Good tip. I'm not using Keynote but am assembling some slides for a web presentation. It might be worth using and applying the results to my slideshow. Still no thought balloons. :-(

8. casale macrumors newbie

Although not a Mac app, the free web-based editor PicMonkey has a few bubble-shaped overlays. See attached screenshot.

Attached Files:

9. Yukon Jack thread starter macrumors member

Casale, thanks or this link. It looks like just the thing. I have to install Flash first, though. :-(