which mac book pro 13" ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iRabbitt, Sep 7, 2014.

1. iRabbitt macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I know it might have been asked already but here is my question

I really want to buy a MacBookPro retina 13" but I was wondering about the configuration...

I want it to be super fast for normal life programs (itune, photo, safari, page...) just a click and everything open.... and I want it to be able to run GoPro studio, adobe premiere, photoshop and maybe finalcut X... I shoot with a gopro Hero black ed ( 1080/2,7k up to 60fps) and a Sony Alpha 700 DSLR

for the moment I own an HP pavilion dm4 with I5 2,4 Ghz and 4Go of RAM but it really lag when I play video shoot at 60 fps and I always have to reduce the size of the video to a quarter when I edit my footages.... and even with that, it lags !!

I was interrested to buy the retina 13", 256Go of flash SSD, 16Go RAM, i5 with 2,6 Ghz and 3,1 GHz with Turbo Boost

Anyone own a late 2014 13" retina ? what configuration do you have ? does it lag when you use edition programs ?

thanks

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

At this stage, you'll need a 15" rMBP instead, solely for the quad-core processor alone.

I use a late-2013 rMBP (15", 2.6/16/1TB/750M) and it flies through 4K video.

The late-2013 ones are identical to the mid-2014, aside from the slight increase in CPU speeds.

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

Get a maxed out 15" if possible.

If money is tight or portability required get the 13" 2.6/8/256.
    It's the best bang for the buck and it will also run all these apps without any problem.

4. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Like YJCHUA95 said, just forget about i5 dual core you will need i7 Quad core will do the job wonderfully but i5 dual core if you can patience. :apple:

5. iRabbitt, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014

iRabbitt thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answers.

Meister: I have a 14" for the moment and I'm kind use to small computer/screen for portability. you sure I would be able to run those apps ? I'm not "Serious" about editing. just some color correction on my photo ( maybe iPhoto would be enough..?), and some video edition (expecialy with GoPro studio and i'm learning how to use Adobe Pr). I Just want to be able to read my file even if recorder at 1080/2,7k up to 60fps

Money is also a problem cause I can't aford a 2500$(+taxes) computer. Even 1500$ (+taxes) is hard to find...

I really want to go with a new 13" for the fetina display, the ssd, and for the 16Go of ram (the apple store guy told me it would be great to upgrade to 16Go for future new sofware etc...) but i really want to see the difference between my curent PC ( i5, 2.5Ghz, 4Go Ram,700Go storage)