Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drawstring

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2007
I use an MBP 15"; C2D @ 2.2 ghz w/2gb RAM and 120GB hdd. I also carry around a 250 GB portable HDD. This set up works well for me, and I travel 3-4 times a month; and i find it largely portable.

I used to use a 12" entry level ibook g4; and I've had to design on emacs; mac pros; dells; and thinkpads.

overall, i do like the MBP the best - but i don't find it so painful to work on the other machines. more than the mac interface, i do like to sit up straight and look at my screen head on. So when i'm at "home" (with so much travel...) i also use the stupid griffin elevator.

I think you run whatever computer you can afford that meets your minimum needs. the screen real estate on a notebook will never rival that of the desktop; but i can work from a hallway (as i am right now) just as easily as at a desk or from bed. :D

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
I use the iMac in my sig with CS3 and love it. My wife uses a 17" MBP with CS2, but she usually uses it with a 20" external display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.