Which mac is best?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mattmertz77, Aug 15, 2013.

1. mattmertz77 macrumors member

I've been saving up for a new Mac and will be buying one in a couple of weeks. I am buying it so I can make music and would also like to be able to play games on it at medium settings if possible. Does anyone know which card it needs to support ArmA 3 or bf3 at medium?

2. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Different Mac for different purpose

What do you after? Do you need mobility? If not, iMac might be the best value iMac you can get now.

If so, consider retina MBP. It's quite a beast for a mobile computer.

MBA is inferior in terms of performance, but it's designed with portability in mind

3. aniruth macrumors newbie

Both of the MBA configurations I'm fine with recommending today. It'll take us some time to get to Broadwell, so there won't be an issue with early obsolesence with any of these.

4. markspend01 macrumors newbie

Hey Guys well i think that MacBook Air 11 is the best one.Thanks!!

5. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Nice one, you read everybody's comments and then picked the consumer computer, where you want to make music and play games. I'm not sure why these threads are even created, only for you to pick a computer with:

1) No upgradability
    2) Integrated graphics
    3) Lowest end CPU
    4) Worst battery life of all their portable machines (probably will be once Haswell MBPs are released)

Just wait until September and buy a 15" MacBook Pro. If that's too bulky for you, Mac Mini/rMBP 13"/maxed MBA 13".

I know it might be cheeky to just outright say "you're wrong", but I can't see how you got to your conclusion. Why bother doing these threads if you've already got a laptop in mind.