Which Mac should I buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bubble13, Jan 26, 2015.

1. bubble13 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I want to buy a Mac for study. which should I buy?

2. MetalGamer09 macrumors member

Like anytime you buy one it depends on what you want to do with it. We need more info than just study on it. We need to know if u need it to be portable, what programs u plan to use ect.

3. three macrumors 6502a

three

I'm guessing you're a student as you mentioned studying. I'd suggest a MacBook Pro.

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

This is the wrong subforum and you didn't give any information.

5. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

Assuming you're not going to be doing anything really intensive, get the cheapest MacBook Air.

6. Algus macrumors regular

Algus

Yup, get yourself an 11'' MBA. Easy to tote to class, good power for casual use. Possibly look at a refurb to save money. You can connect to a larger monitor in your dorm (or w/e) when you need a better screen.

Now if you post more about what you plan to do with it, what budget you have, etc. my suggestion might change :p

7. Mac-lover3 macrumors 6502

Mac-lover3

I'm a student myself and use a MacBook Air (2011) and I can tell you it's a great laptop. Very snappy, light,... I have an 11" but maybe a little bit on the small side then there is a 13" model. Try to grab one of the refurbished site. http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_air
    Or if your study demands a more powerful machine (photo editing, video editing,...) get the MacBook Pro http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro

They are both great laptops: blazing fast, battery last long certainly on the 13" MacBook Air. An advantage for the Pro is that it has a Retina Display but the MacBook Air should get in the next version (around March/April)

8. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Top end MBA 11", and NEVER look back, you will own the LAST of the Best\Smallest full functioning laptop EVER, when they kill it, the run will be over, and other than refurbs, there will NEVER be any more, buy new, and NEVER look back, GO FOR IT:apple: