Which mac should I choose ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dinoosaur, Aug 29, 2012.

1. dinoosaur macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a late 2007 macbook unibody which I want to change. my budget is 1000€/$.

I'll mainly use this computer for electronic music in a home studio, with logic pro, ableton live and some cpu-greedy plug-ins like the ones from native instruments. Also for programming with xcode, but this is far less important.

I hesitate between an used mid 2011 21,5" 2,7ghz iMac for 1000€, a new 2,5ghz mac mini with an external huge screen, or wait for the "new iMac".
    Don't want to throw another iMac rumor thread but if I wait I know I'll have to buy the bottom of the range.
    So the question is, do you guys think that the new iMac (first price) will be as powerfull as the 2011 2,7ghz one ?
    Which one of the three above do you recommend ?

the macbook pro doesn't interest me because i have an ipad for chilling on the internet and daily tasks. Also my current unibody can handle live performance if I mostly use audio in live with few plugins.

thank you all

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You might as well wait to see what the new iMacs will have to offer.

3. dinoosaur thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, you're rigth, thanks.
    After much thought I realize that at worst if the new bottom iMac isn't as good it will not be hard to find an used mid-range from 2011. it's all about time now. moreover the second-hand prices should reduce.