Which Mac To Buy For First Time Mac Buyer?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ysulyan, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Ysulyan macrumors member

I love the Air so much and the cool looking of iMac.
    I know MacBook has more power, but I don't like it's so bulky and heavy, almost like my old thinkpad. Forget about MacBook Pro, it's a big monster.
    mac pro is out of question too, too expensive and I don't need that much power on a Mac.
    So guys, between a iMac and a Air, what would you choose if you have to sacrifice between power and portability? Think about price factor too.

Thanks!:confused:

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Get an iMac. It is a great starter Mac, or even a Mini, if you already have a Keyboard, Mouse, and Monitor to use, just to get used to OS X, then in a year or so, jump on the bandwagon completely.

TEG

3. Ysulyan thread starter macrumors member

I'm leaning to the the iMac more and more...definitely worthy advice! Thank you!:D
    I'm buying it more for Mac dev, completely shift gear from MSFT.
    Just not sure if I should take advantage of the current student deal or wait for the newer model to come out?

4. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

iMac! A no-brainer, really. Great machine. Can't go wrong with it. Better GPU than a MacBook has, thus better for the occasional games. And get one of the current models. The new ones won't come out until MWSF in January, I think.