Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sohailt00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
Singapore
recently decided to buy a Mac . However, i CANNOT decide which mac to buy, the MBA or iMac . I don't want to buy MBP it's too ex.

My req:

-Daily Internet Browsing
-Normal Games,Apps(from mac app store and internet) Eg;Minecraft,iMovie
iMovie export and import should not take long
-Fast machine
-Fast video buffering

I don't mind if the MBA does not have CD hole or firewire. I have a another computer for that. However i want to make this mac to be my personal one.
Please reply!

jeremyx

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
This makes no sense. MBA is for portability, iMac not so much. Do you need a laptop or a desktop?

eyespii

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
recently decided to buy a Mac . However, i CANNOT decide which mac to buy, the MBA or iMac . I don't want to buy MBP it's too ex.

My req:

-Daily Internet Browsing
-Normal Games,Apps(from mac app store and internet) Eg;Minecraft,iMovie
iMovie export and import should not take long
-Fast machine
-Fast video buffering

I don't mind if the MBA does not have CD hole or firewire. I have a another computer for that. However i want to make this mac to be my personal one.
Please reply!

MBA or iMac? are you planning to travel much with your machine? If so, get a MBA. If not, get the iMac. Pretty simple choice actually.

Sohailt00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
Singapore
MBA or iMac? are you planning to travel much with your machine? If so, get a MBA. If not, get the iMac. Pretty simple choice actually.

Want to travel with it :) But i heard that the importing and exporting of iMovie is quite slow.....

----------

This makes no sense. MBA is for portability, iMac not so much. Do you need a laptop or a desktop?

I need a laptop... But it's just that i heard that the importing and exporting of iMovie is quite slow.... Not sure which is faster!

Wokis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
I'd place a safe bet on the iMac being faster in importing and exporting in imovie seeing as it's I guess mainly H.264 you're dealing with and the imac has a quad-core sandy bridge at a high frequency while the MBA has a dual core Ivy Bridge at a lower frequency.

But their form factor is... quite different. :eek: Subjectively I can't imagine imovie-export being so slow on the 2012 MBA that it'd be a deal-breaker for most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.