Which macbook had the most initial defects?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by frogcat, Nov 21, 2008.

1. frogcat macrumors member

I guess this is a question regarding the older mac owners, because I actually want to get a good view on the issues. Some say the plastic is better, and some say the aluminum is better.

I personally came in with a Rev B white macbook, and it was perfect until is started cracking. I bought a Rev C black macbook, and that was perfect until 2 battery defects and then...cracking.

BUT I want to know what were the initial problems in the beginning for both: plastic macbooks and aluminum macbooks.

Considering the amount of problems the white macbook core duo had in the past, it sure seems like the aluminum is doing a hell of a job with quality (though we do have bad seeds).

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Wasn't it the 1st Gen MB? that came out in 2006. Had the highest number/range of defects/faults than any other mac to date, something silly like that.

3. chrisiw macrumors regular

My white MacBook has been good, but I will not be buying another, as the new ones still have a sharp edge, and are so over priced, I also have a Sony laptop, that has also been good, without a sharp edge, and when I upgrade is now very good value, as they are more in line with today's market place.