Which Macbook install disks for Blackbook 2.4ghz?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jayeskreezy, Feb 25, 2009.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

I have a macbook black 2.4ghz 2gb ram, 250gb hard drive and I want to replace the install disks and they cost an arm and a leg from apple. I saw some for sale on ebay, but I don't know which ones are right for my computer.

A few months ago I found a site that gave you the exact disk #'s that you needed for your mac and I can't find it anywhere. Can someone on MR help me out? I really would like to have a set. Thanks.

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I'm pretty sure if you call AppleCare, they can get them to you for like $39 or so

3. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Yeah, the best route is to get them from Apple for $36. I did this a couple weeks ago.

I tried searching eBay and the lowest I got was around $50; and I wasn't even sure if they were 100% the discs for my Mac.

4. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

$36 really? The last time I called they quoted like almost $100. What did you tell them to get that price? You just asked for replacements? I would buy from apple if I knew that was the price. Well, I have applecare so I'll try and see. Thanks.

5. harry454 macrumors 6502

if you have applecare don't they do it for you?

6. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

I didnt know that either. I will call them tonight or tomorrow. THanks.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

8. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Is that with applecare though? (most recent inquiry)

/I swear, I'm not following you around the forums.

9. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I have a G5 I wanted to get a pair for with no AppleCare. Called them up, told them I needed to purchase "fulfillment disks" for it (since that what they call them internally apparently. They asked for the serial number to check the database to make sure I got identical copies to what shipped with it and then took payment for $32 including shipping. Got here in 3 or 4 days with no problems.