Which Macbook Is Best For Me? Help Needed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by heathyo5, Mar 13, 2017.

1. heathyo5 macrumors newbie

heathyo5

Hi guys new here. Just wondering what would be the best Macbook to buy for video editing and photo editing, i am on a budget though. Thanks

2. fokmik macrumors 68000

i think the 13" MBP it would be nice, if it comes close to your budget

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Well unless you state that budget it's impossible to advise you, and video and photo editing could mean anything. professionally or home use?? Which apps etc will make a massive difference to advice.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What is your budget? We all are on a budget, but some are on a 10,000 budget, and others 1,000 ;)

For many needs the 13" is a fine computer, and to save money, get the non-touch bar model.

I think the 15" is a superior machine with its quad core processor, dGPU, 16GB of ram, and large screen real estate, but at almost 3k, that may be outside of what you're willing to pay.

5. Nearbuds macrumors newbie

Nearbuds

MacBook Air:
    Models for sale were originally released March 2015.
    13 inch macbook air 2015 MacBook Air
    What is it? The MacBook Air is Apple’s affordable line of laptops. Apple currently offers two 13-inch models.

6. ZapNZs macrumors 68020

ZapNZs

Agreed!

We need to know a little bit more about how heavy the editing is, what type of Apps are used, if you want to use an external monitor or external monitors (and if you want UHD displays), what type of storage solutions (size and speed) you need, if you have any existing hardware you wish to use with the computer, if you plan to run Windows, if you are considering a 13 vs 15 or 2015 vs 2016 model, and if you are open to purchasing a refurbished unit since the budget is limited.

7. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't recommend MBA for video editing. The line will also likely be discontinued soon