Which MacBook is which?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MIA777, Dec 16, 2013.

1. MIA777 macrumors newbie

I ordered a MacBook Pro 15 inch by clicking on the left link (the one that starts at 2.0GHz for $1,999).

I customized it and bumped everything up (16GB RAM, 512GB flash, 2.3GHz) and ordered.

A few days later I read on the MacRumors Round up that

... which is exactly what I did so I then ordered the higher end model.

Both laptops arrived on the same day and I'm having trouble telling them apart. Neither mention the Nvidia graphics card (the two orders on Apple.com also look identical).

One of the part numbers is Z0PU00032 and the other is Z0PT0016N. I got a British keyboard so I'm pretty sure these aren't standard part numbers.

Can you guys help me figure out which one is which? By the way, I ordered these to my family's home and I'm not there at the moment so all I have to go on is two pictures of the Apple labels.

Thanks!

2. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

Go in to About This Mac from the Apple logo in the top left of your Macs.

Click on More Info -> System Report -> Graphics/Displays

It will show the graphics chips there.

3. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

The way apple set up their modeling this year it results in a fully spec'd out lower end model (what you did) to price in at the same as a fully spec'd out upper model. The difference between the upper model is that it has a 750M NVIDIA graphics card in addition. So for $0 more, you could have gotten that, which helps since Iris Pro (lower end model's graphics) is kinda crumby.

4. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:D

5. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

[​IMG]

But then again, we should really just go off what the marketing is telling us

:)

6. MIA777 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help.

I called Apple about returning the one that doesn't have the Nvidia card and they sent me an invoice to bring to the store that has the serial number on it.

Problem solved!

They really should update the site to show the graphics card, though.

7. zI INFINITY Iz macrumors regular

I don't know on which version of the site you looked , but the Dutch and US websites both show the graphics cards.

- Base model which includes Iris Pro graphics.
    - Second, high end option, which includes Iris Pro graphics + NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB GDDR5.

I know it's weird, but you just have to see these versions as one with iGPU only and one with both an iGPU + dGPU. If you pick the base version, you can add whatever you want, you will keep the same base, iGPU only.