Which MacBook model?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dwonder3, Oct 20, 2008.

1. dwonder3 macrumors newbie

dwonder3

I am currently saving up to buy one of those new smexy Macbooks. Which one should I buy? The old white plastic model, the new 2.0 ghz model, or the 2.4ghz model? Im kinda leaning towards saving the extra money and getting the 2.4ghz model. I really like the back lit keyboard and the bigger hard drive will be nice.

But what do you guys think? Im still deciding...

2. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

If you've got the money, get the 2.4GHz model. There basically a mini MBP... :D
    Get one of the new ones though, not the plastic white one.

3. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

I think you should go for the 2.0GHz. It's not a big and noticable difference. The only thing that people love so bad is the illuminated keyboard. I'm not that crazy about it. Looking at a computer screen in the dark is bad for your eyes, so I don't really use the computer in the dark. I turn the lights on and once you actually get use to typing and become a touch typist like me, you will find it useless. I know it may look pretty, but the look of the computer already gets your eye on the case rather than the keyboard. With the 2.0GHz model, you can also upgrade the RAM to 4GB yourself or Apple and save a little bit more. Technology is growing fairly quick, so you might as well save it and then you might find something that you like in the future. Anyways, this is actually totally up to you.