Which macbook??? NEED help ASAP

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ilovefruitsnack, Jun 15, 2009.

1. ilovefruitsnack macrumors newbie

Okay, so I need another macbook. I can get a student discount. So should I get a new 2.13 ghz white macbook for 949 + tax = 998.348, a new 2.26 macbook "pro" for 1099 + tax = 1156.148, a refurbished aluminum 2.0 ghz macbook for 949 + tax = 998.348 or a a refurbished 2.4 ghz aluminum macbook for 1099 + tax = 1156.148. It'll be used for school stuff ( web browsing, iwork stuff) light video and photo editing, the sims 3, and kind of a lot of recording via garageband....so which do you think will be best. remember that I can't afford like A TON, i am a student and in a band/am a musician. Thanks!

2. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

3. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

Well it depends. Do you want the white case or the aluminum case? Figure that out first and you eliminate one option. Then if you need firewire or an sd slot. If not then get a refurbished one.

4. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

First, choose what casing you want. If you want white casing then you only have one option, if you want aluminum then decide if you will need a firewire port (mostly for transferring video from a camera if you are going to be doing video editing). If you do not need a firewire then go for the 2.0 ghz refurb macbook aluminum. I have a 2.0 ghz macbook aluminum and it works great for my needs. I use it for school stuff and video editing as well. I do not use it for garage band much but when I have used garage band it worked great. One thing that I would suggest is if you are doing video editing or anything intensive, upgrade the memory to 4GB. You can order the upgrades after you get your macbook as well as install them yourself. It is fairly easy to do and much cheaper than buy from apple. If you don't need a firewire port go for the 2.0 ghz refurb.