Which Macbook Pro 13 / RAM sticks / other stuffs..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ShocK x10, Sep 26, 2009.

1. ShocK x10 macrumors newbie

Hai. Can Has Advice Plz? Tenx.

Im in school, Yr11 (thats a Sophomore i believe) and im looking at gettang my first laptop - a MacBook pro ;) Ive already posted a thread similar to this but i cant find it, anyway this is a little diff.

Is the extra 270MHz + 2GB RAM + 90GB HDD worth the extra £200 sterling?
    MBP 13 - 2.26 / 2GB / 160GB @ £781 NEW - iQ Apple Reseller
    MBP 13 - 2.53 / 4GB / 250GB @ £999 NEW - iQ Apple Reseller

Im adept with desktops so im assuming laptops will be easy too, I will get 4GB RAM either myself or BTO if I go with 2.53, and im likely to pop a 128GB SSD in and EITHER use the 160/250GB HDD as external or OptiBay.

So this is a question of: is the extra 270MHz and 2GB of ram enough to justify the extra £218 pounds?
    I will be using the MBP for music, msn, heavy browsing (like 5-15 tabs); as well as Photoshop/Indesign/Dreamweaver CS4 and maybs iMovie or Final Cut for editing skate movies.

Im looking to sell and buy one of the new i5/i7 when theyre released, if they have 200M so thats probly about this time next year. Considering this, it would be better to go with 2.26??

*Also can anyone recommend an SSD.. Im not sure whether or not to OptiBay but Id rather just have 1 datastorage location in the lappy coz im disorganized otherwise :/ Im looking for something over 100GB.. but I cant afford to smash open my piggy bank :eek:

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I think 2.26GHz model is enough for you, 270MHz isn't significant difference.

Intel or OCZ is the way to go if you want great SSD

3. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

hellhammer is beating me to the answers [​IMG] lol but he is right the base 2.26 will be more then amazing for your needs, don't waste your money on more things