Which macbook pro HDD should I get?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lambros, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Lambros macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

So I'm looking at getting a MBP but there's one thing that is puzzling me....which hard drive? I am looking into getting a SSD, but am unsure of which size to get. I have eliminated the 512GB model from the list, as I do have a 1TB computer and 1.3TB of external storage. My problem rises when deciding between the 128GB and 256 GB models. Here is what I would do with my system:

• Run Snow Leopard and Windows 7 through bootcamp (need windows for some programs, i know, you all hate me now :D)
    • Have a couple games installed (which I guess would range between 0 and 20GB)
    • Have about 1000 songs in iTunes
    • All the work done which I guess would take up little room due to the small size of word documents

I guess I don't need the 512GB HDD due to my ability to back everything up when at the desk, but when I am taking my laptop around, I want enough data to hold everything I want to take with me.

So what do you all think? Also, please note that obviously the major price difference is getting in my way. If I was running JUST SL then I would get the 128GB SSD, but I need windows too :(

Thanks!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I think 128GB is enough. You can play your music from the other computer wirelessly if they are in the same network. If you don't need SuperDrive, you can replace it with e.g. 500GB HD to get more internal storage