Which macbook pro is good for me ?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Koroush, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Koroush macrumors newbie

Hey everybody .
    First of all thank you for all info in topics that can help guys like me so much.

I want to buy a macbook for music production and work with photoshop and some music video editing .

These two model i've that in mind to buy ( of curse with attention to my pocket )

Macbook pro retina 13 - base model
    Core i5 2.6 boost up to 3.1
    8 gig ram
    128 gig ssd
    Intel iris graphics

Macbook pro retina 15 - base model
    Core i7 2.2 boost up to 3.5
    16 gig ram
    256 gig ssd
    Intel iris pro graphics

Now i'm wonder which these two are good for me ? Sure the 15 inch model is much faster but is 13 inch can handle what i want to do ? 13 inch good for me because of size for potabality , but when i'm looking to specs i see the 15 inch model can handle works greatly at least for 4 years .

I'm so confused , i'm going to be really happy to hear from you guys anything that can help me choosing the right one .

Thank you so much for your time .

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

The 15" would suit your purposes better, but the 13" would also work, of course.

128gb of storage is not much though.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think the 13" model with the 128GB storage is rather meager in this day and age.

I like the 15" model because you get a quad core processor, more ram, larger SSD, and a better GPU

4. Koroush thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much , both of you , it so great that people can get help from gentle guys like you .

I don't do 3d things or stuff like that , but in 15 base model , is iris pro is enough for my needs or dedicate graphic is recomended ?

One more thing is should i stay for new macbook pros with broadwell or this 15 in going to bee a good choice ?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you'll not be doing a lot of video then the iris pro should be sufficient.

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

Even the regular Iris in the 13" would work fine.
    It's just that with your described usage I see you carrying an external hd with only 128gb in the 13" all the time.

Also, depending on the extent of you Ps and video needs, the quadcore and extra RAM could come in handy. How important that would really be is hard to tell with the info provided so far.

I myself chose the 13" because of portability and it performs excellent for Photo and Light video editing.

7. Koroush thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks meister , you are so right .
    Sorry for non complete info .

All that i want to do in ps is edit 20 mgpx camera photo and some design and edit at least 4 minutes 1080p or 720p with some well not some , with satisfied effects like music video , like color , blur or light mabye , stuff like that you know ! And not gaming at all .