Which MacBook Pro is this?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by neverendingscot, Mar 18, 2015.

1. neverendingscot macrumors member

2. matreya macrumors 65816

matreya

Not really a steal.... you can get a refurb with the same specs for $80 more direct from Apple, and be able to purchase AppleCare for it later on in the year...

http://store.apple.com/us/product/F...-26ghz-dual-core-intel-i5-with-retina-display

3. neverendingscot thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. What I bought doesn't quite match with what you linked to. What I got is a 2.5 GHz, that is a 2.6 GHz. The page for the one I bought also says it has gigabit ethernet, but I don't think that is right based on the picture. Everything else looks like it matches up though. I would have taken a big longer to research but the Macs on that site were selling out pretty damn fast, I barely got that one in time.

My big thing was the usb 3.0, solid state drive, and retina though and this is supposed to have all three.

But for me $80 is kind of a big deal, and I don't really want to pay $249 for AppleCare. I've never once had to take in a Windows computer somewhere to get serviced, and I've been using computers for nearly 20 years now, so I'll take my chances.

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Google and/or everymac.com is your friend.

5. neverendingscot thread starter macrumors member

I had already consulted the google machine, hadn't heard of everymac before, thanks!

6. matreya macrumors 65816

matreya

Looks like it might be this model:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...i5-2.5-13-late-2012-retina-display-specs.html

The Mac you've ordered only has a 30-day warranty too, so good luck there...

7. neverendingscot thread starter macrumors member