Which MacBook Pro Screen Protector is best?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Yebubbleman, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

I am going to pull the trigger on a 15" non-retina MacBook Pro. I'm going to go for the high-res display, but with a glossy display due to the added protection to the LCD panel by the glass. Still though, I'd very much like even more protection by getting a screen protector to that screen (which will also return a little anti-glare functionality, allowing for the best of both worlds for me).

That said, I'm seeing screen protectors from PowerSupport USA, Moshi, and Wrapsol. Do any of you have a brand preference or know enough about these to recommend one over the other? Any insight would be very very very helpful. Thanks.

2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

I've heard good things about mohsi, check out some of the youtube clips, there are ton for ivisor. Wrapsol is more of just a protector and from what i have heard, it increase glare, dont go with them. Not familiar with power support, but check out this review.

Powersupport, never heard of them.
    Here is another one though, from amazon by Splash.

3. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I really don't think you need a screen protector for a screen that you're not going to touch at all. Also, if you're getting the high resolution (1650x1050) screen, your screen will already be matte.

If you still want one, you could check out the Power Support screen films. I've used them with a lot of touch screen devices.

4. Yebubbleman thread starter macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

Apple offers the high-res (1650x1050) in both glossy (with glass) and matte. I'm going with the glossy one. I agree that it's a trite bit overkill, but I like the idea that I can have the glass as protection for the panel and then something that I can put to give it less glare. Yes, I won't ever touch the screen, but that glass can scratch and break, and I'd rather the protector take the damage.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

A couple days ago, I picked up a SGP Ultra Crystal screen protector for my MacBook Pro with Retina display. I picked SGP because they were the only choice. They make very good screen protectors that I've use with the iPhone, iPad, my Galaxy S III.

Very easy to apply and I don't have to worry about scratching my screen. Even though I don't touch my display, other people do, especially kids; and some have sharp finger nails or fancy jewelry.

Does it increase glare? Yes, it does, but overall my screen is protected.

Other brands I've used are PowerSupport and Moshi. PowerSupport I've only used on my iOS devices and experience has been good.

With Moshi, I love their Palmguard products. Their screen protectors I'm not a fan of as they do not use adhesive; they basically only stick it on the bezel; this degrades screen quality as there is a gap between the display and the screen protector.

6. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I worry more about the palm rests. Lady friends and watch-wearers completely destroyed the palm rests of my old Mac.