Which Macbook Pro should i buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mesalin.j, Jun 16, 2009.

1. mesalin.j macrumors newbie

Hi,guys.I am a college student.I have got a MacbookPro 2.33C2D and Macbook 2.4C2D with me rite now and I am looking a Macbook Pro between the two 13" MBPs & the two 15" MBPs(2.53&2.66)
    I find difficulty choosing them and I hope you all can help me by giving me suggestions.
    (P.S. I have to install Adobe CS4 Des. Prem. on to that new MacbookPro.
    Will there be much differences between the 9400M and 9400M+9600 GT?)

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

It would probably be helpful to know the kinds of things you will be doing with your MBP on a regular basis

Game much?

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I'd say get one of the 13" just for sheer portability. :)

4. Fizzoid macrumors 68020

Fizzoid

Indeed, do the 2 machines you have not do something you need to do very well?

5. yliu macrumors regular

i would buy the most expensive one (if you dont care about the cost)
    because it is way better. And in the future the applications will require much more CPU, RAM, and VRAM, so the fast computers can run the next gen. apps, while the slower ones stuck with their old operating systems.

6. mesalin.j thread starter macrumors newbie

I use my mac for some photo editing by PS and simple video editing by iLife.
    I seldom play game on my Mac

7. mesalin.j thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually,my MBP is too slow after urgraded to Leopard and it is a bit outdated.
    For my MB, its Grpahic Performance is too bad because of the Intel GMA X3100...:(

8. mesalin.j thread starter macrumors newbie

One more thing:)cool:),i will move to Dorm from home,i can bring one Laptop there only.

9. mesalin.j thread starter macrumors newbie

10. zedsdead macrumors 68040

I personally recommend the 15" with both graphic cards. In terms of size, it is still very portable and the extra 2"'s makes a huge difference. As for the cards, having that extra horse power in case you do any video/photo editing or gaming is good to have.

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Get the 13" model, I have the unibody 15" MBP and find myself running on the 9400m the majority of the time. Unless you have some specific applications that really require the discreet GPU, i.e., games or apps like aperture, the 13" is a great model. The only caveat I'd say is, about the screen size if you're planning on using PS. It can get pretty tight on a 13" screen as opposed to the 15"

12. mesalin.j thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you mean that 13"MBP can also serve the job of Photoshop ?

13. RustyMac macrumors member

Seriously, get something with "2" graphic cards. Photoshop eats up RAM and slows your computer down. Trust me, I run and own a Design Firm and I also taught design at the State University of New York. The other problem you will have with any of the MBP is the glass screen but that is your personal preference. Us professionals have to purchase the 17" MBP which is a tank to haul around.

If you don't mind the trendy glass screen, go with a 2.66 or 2.8 15" MBP. Hey, spend the extra money and go with the 2.8. Your young and you don't want limitations at school!

Good luck!

14. mesalin.j thread starter macrumors newbie