Which Macbook Pro Should I Get

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lloydehhh, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Lloydehhh macrumors member

Ok, so im going to uni, and need a new computer. I want a macbook pro, but which one is better for me? The high end 13" or the low end 15"? If i got 15" I would be getting AG, so thats a plus. I do heavy video editing in After effects CS5 and Sony Vegas (will run via boot camp). Either will be hooked up to an ext. monitor, so screen size isnt an issue. thanks in advance :D
    Lloydehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (ok a bit OTT there :p)

2. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I'm at uni, have a 13" MBP, its so much easier to carry around than the bulky, heavier 15" models. i'm sure that any spec level will do you just fine, so that bit is just personal preferance really.

From my experience your better to get the higher end models purely because when you come to sell them on, higher end models tend to fetch more cash.

3. Lloydehhh thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, just wondering how fast video editing is comparing the 2

Likin your blog btw, following by RSS now :)

4. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

If one of the main things you are doing requires bootcamp why are you buying a Mac?

5. axu539 macrumors 6502a

I would go as far as to recommend the high end 15" for your needs since you need it to handle video fairly well. But, if cash is an issue, definitely low end 15". While the 13" has a much more capable IGP than people give it credit for, it is still an IGP, that does also perform poorer than the 320m. Even the "crappy" low-end GPU in the low-end 15" will be a lot better simply because it is a discrete GPU, and has its own memory to play with.