Which MacBook Pro to buy, need advise, please.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by urbancowboy35, Jul 14, 2009.

1. urbancowboy35 macrumors newbie

My wife will get a new MacBook (Pro), but we are unable to pick the right one. Actually my wife will mostly use it in order to email, chat and skype. AND: and this is why we are not sure which one to get, she has gotten into photography lately and wants to edit the pics she takes from our little ones. She thinks that the 13" MB in white is stylish and big enough for her needs. I keep on telling her, that she will be better off with a bigger screen -especially for picture editing.

What would you guys recommend?:eek:

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Then why not get the 13" with an external monitor?

If you don't want to pay the premium price for an ACD, then Dell makes some pretty good ones that are less expensive and would meet your needs

Here is a thread that is just starting on this subject with good suggestions

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If she likes the white one, then get it. You don't need more power than white MB offers. Get an external monitor as well if you like to have more screen space.

4. urbancowboy35 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. Unfortunately our office space at home is limited and there is not enough room for an external monitor. :confused:

5. mrj412 macrumors regular

I agree - Go with the 13" MacBook, its a nice notebook and is very portable. The screen is plenty big enough to do casual photo editing.

6. boston44 macrumors 6502

She can get a refurb white that's last gen for $750, or a current for $1,000. It's fine for her needs.

7. m3kilpat macrumors regular

This is good advice. If you don't get what she wants you will never hear the end of it. Trust me. You don't want to learn the hard way.

8. mrj412 macrumors regular

So true ... Keep in mind that it's her notebook, not yours. Oh, and whatever happens, don't you dare say "I told you so". ;)

9. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

Yup. Get the less expensive 13" If it's not right, she can go for a bigger 15" in a few years.

10. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009