Which Macbook Pro to get?

II Tipsy II

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
I am trying to decide if I should get a 13" Macbook pro now or wait until the upgrade in Q1 2010. The only way I would get one now is if the Macbook Pro 13" MB466LL/A has a backlit keyboard. Does anybody know if that MBP has a baklit keyboard? Thanks

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
I am trying to decide if I should get a 13" Macbook pro now or wait until the upgrade in Q1 2010. The only way I would get one now is if the Macbook Pro 13" MB466LL/A has a backlit keyboard. Does anybody know if that MBP has a baklit keyboard? Thanks
Yes, that MBP has a backlit keyboard. All MacBook Pro's have that.

Comment

II Tipsy II

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Oh ok thanks.I was just checking because I thought that when the MBP 13" base model was first released it didnt have the baklit keyboard.

Comment

II Tipsy II

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Maybe Im just crazy, but why wouldnt you just look at the Apple Web site for this info?

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/features.html
I didnt check the apple site becuase Im pretty sure that the site is not talking about the same model im looking to buy. Im looking to buy the MB466LL/A model and the new model is the MB990LL/A. I heard that the early model 13" dont have baklit keyboard so I am trying to make sure before I buy it.

Comment

II Tipsy II

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Okay thanks for the link to everymac well the MB466LL/A model does not have a baklit keyboard so I will just wait til Q1 for the next updated model of the 13" MBP

Comment

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
Okay thanks for the link to everymac well the MB466LL/A model does not have a baklit keyboard so I will just wait til Q1 for the next updated model of the 13" MBP
My bad then. I thought that you were looking at the current MacBook Pro.

but seriously, is the backlit keyboard that much of a dealbreaker to you? ;)

Comment

Badger^2

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2009
Sacramento
i see your problem now.

MB466LL/A is NOT a 13" MBP.

Its the 13" Unibody MACBOOK, that was briefly sold as a Macbook (not PRO) before Apple changed it into the 13" Macbook PRO. Confusing.

ALL 13" Macbook PROs have a backlit keyboard.

Is there some reason you are stuck on that particular 13" Macbook (not PRO) MB466LL/A?

Price? or what?

Comment

II Tipsy II

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
The reason I was looking at the older model is because I can get it for $800, and I want the backlit keyboard because I think it will be very useful for a soon to be college student

Comment

opera57

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
Yep all the current Macbook Pros have backlit keyboards, but the previous aluminum macbooks just had it on the top end model I think!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.