Which MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by markjs21, Aug 25, 2012.

1. markjs21 macrumors newbie

Hi

This is the first time I have seriously considered buying a MacBook Pro. I a bit undecided on what option to go for.

I have the opportunity to get either of the base models with 12% off with a 2 year warranty, but have really been looking for a model somewhere in between which means going direct to Apple.

If I go with the base 2.3 8gb version it's likely to cost me about £1575 compared to £2050 if I spec it up to a 2.6 16gb version.

I'm looking for something to do a bit of design, photo editing and website development, I'm not too worried about the hard drive size as you can always use external hard drive.

Interested in people views! Thanks

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

The 2.3 base model is plenty. I recommend addIng 8gb or 16gb ram and SSD yourself however. Apple prices are a rip off with these upgrades.

3. theuserjohnny macrumors 6502

Are you looking at the cMBP or the rMBP?

If you are looking at the rMBP I would get 2.3/16gb/256gbhd

And then from there you can worry about extra memory via external, however if you have the cash then upgrade to the higher memory. But if not I would rather spend the cash on RAM since you can't upgrade it.

EDIT: I really can't speak on cMBP because I've never owned something (came from white Macbook in 06).

4. markjs21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you easily able to do that? Does that invalidate the apple protection?

I want to get something which will still be a goodspeedy laptop in 3 years time.

5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Yes its super easy and it doesnt void the warranty.