Which Macbook Reviewers Do You Trust?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cypressc, May 24, 2019.

1. cypressc macrumors member

cypressc

I'm eager to watch video reviews of the new MBP when they start hitting YouTube this week.

Too many of the reviews are from sites that are just never critical and/or in the bag for a given brand.

I'm curious: Who do you consider to be a good, unbiased reviewer?

2. leman macrumors G3

Notebookcheck. These people are professionals and they do most thorough analysis out there. Unfortunately, most modern “reviewers” don’t know much about hardware and are just running same pointless tests over and over again.

3. Nbd1790 macrumors regular

I've watched a ton of these over the years on youtube. Always tends to be from different users and sometimes even the same reviewers are more helpful in some of their videos and not others. The ones I tend to rely on are people who have used the MacBooks for an extended period of time, not just an unboxing review and first impressions listing out the obvious specs and geek bench.

It requires a lot of sifting around the channels to find the people that handle their reviews this way, but at this moment in time I wouldn't be looking for a 2019 MacBook review, as they haven't been around long enough for people to use them for at least a month (outside of someone telling you the difference in specs / features)

4. Stephen.R macrumors 65816

Stephen.R

A person who buys the machine to use it.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

6. Altis macrumors 68030

Dave2D and MobileTechReview are generally quite good.

The problem is that reviewers tend to only have a limited exposure to a single device. So common hardware flaws aren't all too likely to show up in them.

7. vaugha macrumors 6502

I also trust notebookcheck.net reviews. Waiting on their 2019 mbp 15" battery life results before hitting that 'place order' button and upgrade my spec'd out 2018 mbp 15".

8. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

MobileTechReview is really good. A little dry, but she takes her job very seriously.

The Relay FM podcast guys are all pretty good. I enjoy reading daring fireball, too.

Anyone on Accidental Tech Podcast. And as far as the mainstream tech journalists, Dieter Bohn and that's about it.

9. darkmaxdevil macrumors member

10. evilmurries macrumors newbie

evilmurries

I like atp and relay fm quite a bit, but I feel like they’re enthusiasts so their reviews should be taken with a grain of salt.

11. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

I get that, but they are clear to point out what they don't like.