Which Macbook should I choose?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jeffery1, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Jeffery1 macrumors newbie

Hello Mac-eksperts,

I have long considered buying a Mac and the other day my third PC in a row just died, so I have decided that now is the time to try something different.

However, I am in doubt which model I should choose. I hope some of you can help me out.

The choice stand between a Macbook Pro and a Macbook Air in the following configurations:

Macbook Air:

1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz
    8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
    256GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
    Backlit Keyboard (Danish) & User's Guide (Danish)

Macbook Pro:

2.6GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
    8GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
    256GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
    Intel Iris Graphics
    Backlit Keyboard (Danish) & User's Guide (Danish)

As I am mainly going to use the computer for studying the obvious choice would be the Air, but I´d really like the retina display.

I would also like to ask how big the difference in speed would be? Would I be giving up much speed by choosing the Macbook Air, or is it largely the same?

I hope to hear some opinions from you guys as I am not that familiar with the differences between the two models. What the the pros and cons and what would you recommend and why?

Best regards,

Jeff.

2. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Get the pro. Much better display and the footprint is actually smaller than the Air so it is easily as portable. Battery life is 3 hours less but 9 hours is still more than enough for most people. It's slightly heavier but not enough to make a difference.

3. eezacque Guest

What makes you think a mac is going to do better?

4. Meister, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014

Meister Suspended

Meister

If you are a student and you get your macbook for studying then get the lowest base mba 13".
    Don't bother with the cpu, ssd and ram upgrade.
    And get the 2013 model from a retailer on a discount!

Put the saved money into more important things and maybe an upgrade in a few years.

because :apple: makes quality products.

5. eezacque Guest

That used to be, in a distant past. MacBook Pros are dead by design. By the time the logic board is tasted, Apple will look the other way...