which macbook should I purchase?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MauerFan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. MauerFan macrumors regular

I'm a college freshman in the fall and will be buying a mac. I'm debating betwen the 13 in Air and the 15 in Pro. I'm probably going into economics, and my budget is around $1900. If I went with the Pro are some of the add ons you can get online helpful? Also when are the new pros expected to be released, and what do you think they will look like?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

hard to give you advice on a mac that would fill your needs if your don't list any

3. robvas macrumors 68020

If you want a little one, get the air, if you want a big one, get the pro.

4. MauerFan thread starter macrumors regular

needs

I'd like something with a good amount of memory, and good speed. I'll use Office a ton, may set up a database or two for baseball statistics that I want to run, for my blog in my spare time. I'd also like a computer that's fairly light.

5. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

13" MacBook Air.

But if you don't need it until the fall maybe wait until the next refresh which should be here by summer at the latest.

6. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

In terms of database, MS Office for Mac does not have Access. You'd have to use Windows for databases (assuming that's what you use for databases).

7. MauerFan thread starter macrumors regular

8. camardelle macrumors 6502

Use your scholarship cash and buy one of each. :D

9. kevink2 macrumors 65816

If you want/need to run Windows in this (virtualization), then the Pro, since you can get 8GB of RAM in this. I went with the MBP in November 2010 because of the 4GB max on the Air.