which macbook should I purchase?

MauerFan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
I'm a college freshman in the fall and will be buying a mac. I'm debating betwen the 13 in Air and the 15 in Pro. I'm probably going into economics, and my budget is around $1900. If I went with the Pro are some of the add ons you can get online helpful? Also when are the new pros expected to be released, and what do you think they will look like?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I'm a college freshman in the fall and will be buying a mac. I'm debating betwen the 13 in Air and the 15 in Pro. I'm probably going into economics, and my budget is around $1900. If I went with the Pro are some of the add ons you can get online helpful? Also when are the new pros expected to be released, and what do you think they will look like?
hard to give you advice on a mac that would fill your needs if your don't list any

MauerFan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
needs

I'd like something with a good amount of memory, and good speed. I'll use Office a ton, may set up a database or two for baseball statistics that I want to run, for my blog in my spare time. I'd also like a computer that's fairly light.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
I'd like something with a good amount of memory, and good speed. I'll use Office a ton, may set up a database or two for baseball statistics that I want to run, for my blog in my spare time. I'd also like a computer that's fairly light.
13" MacBook Air.

But if you don't need it until the fall maybe wait until the next refresh which should be here by summer at the latest.

dlimes13

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Perrysburg, OH
In terms of database, MS Office for Mac does not have Access. You'd have to use Windows for databases (assuming that's what you use for databases).

kevink2

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
If you want/need to run Windows in this (virtualization), then the Pro, since you can get 8GB of RAM in this. I went with the MBP in November 2010 because of the 4GB max on the Air.