Which macbook to buy

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jdyowa, May 21, 2012.

1. Jdyowa macrumors newbie

Should I buy refurbed 15" quadcore for $1500 or wait for new 13"? Really want quad core but can't afford full price of 15" and doubt the new 13" will have it. Not to mention additional graphics card

2. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

The new 13" might have more benefits - I would say wait, but as with all such threads, its down to personal preference and how urgently you need it.

3. Jdyowa thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah. I'm using it for a presentation software in church. My core 2 duo locks up. I like the fact that the fifteen inch macs have a graphics card vs. Onboard. I'm doubting that they will add that to the thirteen because there has to be a difference between models. $270 off looks nice. I hate buying hardware

4. Free Ale macrumors member

Free Ale

I bet the 2011 MacBooks will drop even more after the new ones are released

5. Jdyowa thread starter macrumors newbie

6. chrisgayle885 macrumors newbie

There is a new Macbook out, the Apple Macbook pro. Available in 13 inch, 15 and 17 inch. Each line of course has it's own features. If you're shopping for a light laptop, you might prefer the Macbook air.

This is the pro-series, so these are the most advanced Mac laptops you'll find (aside from that 'missing' Blu-ray player). The cheapest model is a 13 inch laptop at over $1100.-. However, you'll love it. It's portable, sleek and very fast (those dual core processors are a joy). The 15 and 17 inch models have the new quadcore processors, which are even faster (they can do four things at once).

Oh, and I tried it out in the store, and the mousepad is a joy. I think you'll get used to it and miss the less well executed versions on other laptops :) If only the iPad was as soft and smooth to the touch.

Here are the Newest Macbook Pro Laptops available right now.

http://www.amazon.com/mn/search/?_e...onics&sprefix=macbook newest ,electronics,526