Which Macbook to Buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Arthur13591, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Arthur13591 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my late 2008 Macbook 13 White!

Unfortunately it has developed the common fault of not charging or recognising the battery! (i fixed it once but can't do it again this time!)

Im going to buy second hand!

I think i want something 2010 onwards, not sure what though! Pro or Air! Think id like a 13" as they are cheaper!

Any advice? or Tips? Anything to look out for?

Thanks Arthur

2. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Refurb 13in Air with at least 4GB of RAM :)

What's your price range?

3. gc15 macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat as you topic creator. I'm in the market for a new laptop and I'm looking to get my first MacBook as well as it being a refurbished one. I can't decide if I want the 11inch or 13inch air or the 13inch pro. I know I'm looking to spend no more than 950 bucks, and I also know that the pro model from June of last year refurbished is 929$, when it's in the apple store.

The 13inch MacBook Air is 919$ for 2011 model with 128gb storage. The two models of the 11inch MacBook Air that I would consider ranges from 829$ with 128gb storage for June 2011 model and 929$ 128gb storage for the June 2012 model.

I guess I'm just looking to see what's going be the best bang for my buck. This will be my full time personal computer and the fact that the pro has the more storage and power is great, plus I could upgrade the ram or put my own ssd if I wanted to later on. I also still make cds from time to time, once a blue moon actually. However, I also love the form factor or the air though, but I'm afraid of it not being upgradable and 128gb just sees so little for all my music, photos, and videos. I know I could get an external hard drive, but that would also be putting more money into it later on. Plus I don't know if the 11inch would be to small or not.

So what would you guys suggest? I am a student, and planning on making this computer last me the rest of college, currently finishing up prerequisites for pharmacy school. What will last me the longest and best for me, plus would the MacBook Air get slower with its not upgradable ram down the line? Thanks for advance, and sorry if I typed this long post in your topic TC, I didn't see a point on making another topic roughly about the same thing since we are both looking for the same thing.

4. Arthur13591 thread starter macrumors newbie