Which MacBook would be right for me?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Deagon, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Deagon macrumors newbie

After much thought and research i've decided on a MacBook for my next laptop.
    My problem is i can't decide on which would be the right fit for me.
    I would be using it for iTunes, Web Surfing and Light Gaming while sitting on my recliner or sitting up in bed.

The only Games i really play are Blizzard ones (World of Warcraft,Diablo 3 …etc..) and some low end Steam (Banner saga, Rust…etc..).

So which would be the best fit? MAcBook air 11 or 13 inch or a MacBook Pro 13.
    also how should i configure it? processor/memory?

Thanks for any help.

2. torana355 macrumors 68020

I would wait for the Broadwell refresh of the MBA. It should pack a nice increase in GPU power over Haswell. Im pretty sure the 2014 MBA will have the Iris pro.

3. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Isn't Iris Pro quad core only?

4. torana355 macrumors 68020

Im not 100% sure tbh, i know that is true for Haswell. Even the Iris is a nice step up from the HD5000 in the current MBA.

5. Meister Suspended

Meister

6. Deagon thread starter macrumors newbie

like i said it would be sitting around wed surfing and light gaming...nothing hardcore..just med to low settings.

7. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

My 2013 MacBook Air plays some games really well. WoW being one of them. I don't need the highest graphics settings, just smooth frame rates and my MBA delivers quite nicely.

8. Meister Suspended

Meister

Very possible. Its still harsh on the macbook. Just get a console for videogames.
    Why buy a 1000+ laptop for something that can be done on a 150,- console?

9. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Why not utilize a $1,000+ laptop to its full potential and use it to do things that it can do well instead of buying yet another device to do the same thing?

Besides, WoW can't be played on a console.

I'm not trying to pass the MBA as a gaming rig, but for certain games it works just fine and there's no reason not to play them.

10. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Except that he isn't using the MacBook solely for gaming, and you still get a full-powered laptop for whatever productivity-related tasks he needs to do.

11. Deagon thread starter macrumors newbie

How much real differnce between HD 5000 and Iris?
    Is it really going to make that much a differnce playing World of Warcraft?
    I'm going to order either the 11' air or 13 pro tomrrow...so any last thoughts?

12. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I feel like the 11 inch would be way too small. If anything I'd go for the 13" air, but if you absolutely need the power, I'd go for the 13" rMBP.