Which Macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kyonto, Nov 2, 2013.

1. kyonto macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new to this forum and need some advice.

I'm in the market for a laptop or notebook and I'm swinging towards a MacBook. I plan to use it on a daily bases for surfing the web, doing homework, watching videos, movies, maybe do some picture and video editing. Now which MacBook should I be leaning towards?

Thanks in advance.

2. Tfb macrumors member

Either the MBA 11" or the MBPr 13" - depending on how important size and weight are to you. At this point I wouldn't get the MBA 13" unless your top priority is killer battery life, or you really need the larger screen but also want to keep it as light as possible.

With your uses you don't need ANY upgrades but if you have the disposable income I'd go for 8gb ram and 256gb ssd.

3. kyonto thread starter macrumors newbie

Battery life isn't really an issue as I am not a daily commuter. Primarily for home use? I was thinking along the lines of the 1499 model of the 2013 MBP. Is it too overkill? Or for 1599, I could get the 2012 15' MBP 2.3 ghz, 8GB of RAM and integrated graphics for a steal.

4. Tfb macrumors member

If you really don't care about portability, then the 15" seems awesome! Yes, it's surely overkill but I guess you'll enjoy every second of it.

5. SVAman macrumors newbie

:confused::confused:

The 15" is very portable.

No, it's not an Air.. But it's a powerhouse that's completely portable.. don't know how that's not understood....

6. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

I suggest the 15" its a huge improvement to the 13" I can't believe I used to use a 13" as my main machine.. way too small, especially if you want to do video editing, you will be fine with the 13" but much happier with the 15"