Which MBP is like the one I have now? pics.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sandy08, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Sandy08 macrumors newbie

Getting a new MBP, which model is most like the one I have now memory wise? I can't understand the jargon :)

Attached Files:

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

Memory or storage? They are two different things. The jargon as you say isn't all that hard to understand, a quick google search and a wiki page or two later and you could understand all that.

3. goosin' macrumors member

goosin'

Let me beak it down for you by the bullets in the first image:

- 2.3GHz dual-core Intel core i5 processor. All of the computers in the second picture have pretty equal processors. Compared to what you have now, it's an improvement no matter which one you get. It will make your computer faster.

- 4GB RAM (Memory). All of the computers in the second image have double that, so there's not much deciding you have to do in this area. All it means is you can do more tasks on your computer at the same time.

- 320GB hard drive (storage). For the computers in the second image, the options come ing 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB. There is no option for 320GB, so if you're tight on money you'd have to think about what you have on your MAc. Are you constantly running out of storage and having to delete stuff? Then go for the last computer. Do you not use a lot of space and most of your stuff is on the cloud? Then the second computer can be an option for you.

If you mean memory as in how many things you can do at one time, then all of those computers are equal and double what you have now. IF you mean memory as in how many files and apps you can have stored on your Mac, then the second option is most similar, but you do lose around 70GB of storage, and going for the last option would be a better choice.

My advice would be the get the computer all he way on the right, and it'll be able to grow with you. If this is supposed to last you more than a couple years, you always want to go with the higher specs because you never know how much you'll really need in the future.